Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Considering Different Options



Look at this succulent. It's not the flower; it's the whole plant. It's so amazing. It grows in front of Beverly's studio at Spanish Village. Jon is one of the partners in her studio now. I use to keep her studio open before my own was ready for occupancy. And I would hear people comment about this plant. There are several others that are similar. Some people thought they weren't real, and almost everyone took photographs of them. Even the man who propagated them was amazed when he saw how well they grow in that particular location.

I spent the day working on my assemblages again. But today I don't feel as though I made much progress, unless I can count all the possibilities that I eliminated. And actually, that is part of the process. In fact, it's more work trying various combinations and rejecting them than it is actually creating the assemblage once the parts are chosen.

Tomorrow is my day off. And I think I'm going to take it, not go into the Village at all. I need a break. I worked yesterday, and right now I'm feeling kind of brain dead. I need a break. One thing I did do late this afternoon was to sort all my pieces of junk into various boxes. I've got large circuit boards in one, large pieces of metal in another, small circuit boards in a third, etc. Anyway, at least I did accomplish that task. I was feeling rather tired and not very inspired though today.

And it was a cold day, more like a typical winter day. It was mostly cloudy, and I had to go inside and get a sweater to put on. Even then I wasn't as warm as I would have liked to be. I could have gotten another one from my car, but I was lazy and absorbed in my work.

Almost all the leaves are gone from the golden rain trees outside my studio and the one over in the children's clay class area. Some of the others still have leaves. Later the jacaranda will lose their leaves as well. However that hasn't happened yet. The one closest to my worktable is turning yellow, but some of the seed pods are still green on that tree, so it's not going to give up for awhile.

No comments: