Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Lots Of Work





Here's a photo I took this afternoon outside my studio. You can see how the trees have lost a great many leaves, at least the two outside my studio. The ones back there in the background still retain theirs. They're the same kind of tree, but they are slower to change. See that little chimney? I guess that's what you'd call it. But it doesn't go to anything, except to provide a vent for the Gallery 21 kitchen which is right behind my studio. I like seeing it up there though. It adds character.

I spent the whole day working on my assemblage. And actually I started a new one as well. They take me a great deal of time to make. I have to try every piece in every possible position. Today I was very happy working though. I took the two large plastic storage boxes of parts and spread them out on my outside worktable. The whole table was covered, but it was so convenient. I could look at everything and then when I had an idea, I could walk around the table picking up pieces in the shape I wanted.

It was a beautiful warm day, probably about 75 degrees, a dry Santa Ana day. I worked outside until about 2:30 when my special friend called and wanted to get together. So I took all my pieces and put them back in their boxes and left the Village. I went back later, but not to do much work. Tomorrow which is an actual work day, I'll take all the pieces and spread them out on the table again. But this time, I'll arrange them better when I put them away.

I think tomorrow I'll probably work a little on the assemblages, but I need to get back to working on my copper cutouts or I'll never get them done in time for the Small Image Show. But I will have my assemblage, one at least. And I've got copper baskets and copper bracelets that are etched. I have the necklace made with brass washers and a pearl one made with brass nuts that's very pretty. So even if I don't get my copper landscape of cutouts done, I'll have pieces to enter. Anyway, I'll be glad when the deadline is passed, so that I won't be so preoccupied with submissions to the show.

After this week, I have lots of Spanish Village business to deal with. It's the end of our terms as officers on the Executive Board. Even if I'm reelected as the Recording Secretary, I want to wind up the books for this term so that I can move on with a fresh start.

No comments: