Monday, July 16, 2007

Doing Paperwork



Here's an array of my seed beads, some that I've collected so far. It's hard to know what to choose, so I just pick ones I like the colors of and go from there.

One thing I've been wanting to do is make some beads out of seed beads. I have seen some photos of some that I think are so attractive. So yesterday, I spent time working on a bead. In hindsight, I think I didn't follow the directions quite right, but I'll try making another one. The one I made is really very pretty though and I put it on a strand of beads so that I can wear it as a necklace.

Today was spent working on Spanish Village business. We had a board meeting this morning to deal with various issues that have come up, and so I spent the day after the meeting writing the minutes and also writing an email to send to all the members about various items. Eventually we'll get it all put on the website, and I won't be sending out as many emails. Philip as recently updated our website. It's http://www.spanishvillageart.com. I'm currently working on some photos and some text to add to my separate page.

Tomorrow I'm off to spend some time with my parents. They live about 35 miles north of me. Almost always when I go up there, I stop and look at the bead stores and look for books in their bookstores around there. Even though the bookstores are chains, they still frequently have a different selection of items.

I'll probably take some of my seed beads home with me to work on tomorrow or tonight maybe. I don't like to take things home, but I'm working in a new area with the seed beads right now, and I'm anxious to develop an adequate skill level.

No comments: