Monday, July 30, 2007

Computer Heaven


I think I've died and gone to computer heaven. I have a laptop that I can use outside at my worktable, and there's a wireless network that I can use here in Spanish Village so I can surf the internet and do my Spanish Village work. It's so wonderful. I love sitting outside and working. And here in Southern California, we can really sit out almost all year round. There are really only a few days when we have to be in because of rain.
I've been spending the last few days setting up my new computer. It's small enough to carry around really easily, and I have a little bag to carry it in. It weighs less than my purse does at times. Who would have imagined such a concept when I first started using the computer in 1984. Well, actually I dreamed of such a thing, but it's taken awhile. And my dream hasn't come true 100%. Maybe just 90%. But we're very close.
Recently, I've been working on beaded jewelry. Without leaving my worktable, I can look up patterns for beadwork, shop for beads online, look at things such as fabrics to get ideas for color schemes, design a color scheme online by changing the numeric values of the colors. I can research the history of beads, I casn write in my blog as I'm doing right now, and with my new printer that also scans, I can scan in all the photos of jewelry that I've been collecting for awhile. That will be relative time consuming, but I'm going to do at least some of that.
I spend quite a lot of time looking at jewelry online and in magazines and books. I don't ever try to copy anything, but I get ideas and I "develop" my eye.That's very important, I think.
Today I'm off to spend the evening with my special friend, but now with my new setup, I have no excuse for not msking entries here in my blog. And I've even figured out a way to upload my photos directly from my cellphone to my computer, in case I can't get on my provider's site.

No comments: