Monday, July 02, 2007

Slow and Quiet



I took this photo late yesterday afternoon. You can see the sun shining in through the open door. Back in the back, on the left, you can see the handle of my broom. I think it's appropriate to have a few brooms hanging around, but I certainly think using a graphic of a broom would be too trite, unless it was very stylized.

I want to create a logo, and I've spent some time attempting to. However, I admit I become something of a perfectionist when it comes to my logo, and I've never come up with something I love. And the problem I have right now is that I don't have a graphics program installed on this computer. I've been using Power Point which works pretty well, but it's a little cumbersome.

I've created a flyer for my enamel pendants and one for my clay pendants. I've created business cards, more of which have been eaten than passed out to clients. I've put up a rudimentary website with Philip's help. I've started a short bio to use various places. I'll probably go on with that today.

I'm dressed up because we've been invited to go see the Dead Sea Scrolls tonight at 5:30. And since I'm dressed up, I don't want to do anything like carving clay that will cause me to get dirty. I could make jewelry of course. Really the only things that do make me grubby are clay and etching. Oh, the other thing that really makes me grubby is sanding with steel wool. It gets all over my shirts.

Right now it's very slow and quiet here in the Village. Nobody is blowing glass which is nice because I don't hear the noise of the glory hole, but sometimes I get a little lonely back here by myself in this corner. On the other hand, I like it because I can concentrate. Sometimes when I sit in my studio or outside, I keep getting interrupted by people who come to talk. But that's fine, too, at times.

No comments: