Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Trip To Atlantis


Yesterday my father and I went computer shopping at a very large computer chain store. I'm sure you probably know which one it was. The theme of the store is Lost Continent of Atlantis. The store is so huge it looks as though it could be a blimp hanger. We laughed the first time we saw it. This photo is a shot of part of the mural on the back wall. Who would have imagined such a place in the days of daisy wheel printers and eWorld?
Happy Fourth of July, Independence Day. On the radio they were talking about a survey in which many of the participants didn't know the significance of July Fourth. Most people around here go to the beach or have a bar-b-que in the backyard. Nowadays I try not to go out in the evening. But we are open at Spanish Village which is where I've been all day.
I'm trying to go in a somewhat different direction with my jewelry. I want to do some more stringing, something I hadn't been doing because it seems to be frowned on. But some necklaces lend themselves better to stringing rather than wire bending. I've spent so little time studying that style of jewelry that now I need to develop an eye. I don't know what I like. I definitely know what I don't like.
Well, enough for now. One of the artists has just come to chat. I'm off to celebrate the holiday.

No comments: