Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve




Here's a photo of some of my baskets and other enameling projects set up on my outside worktable.

Today was a relatively slow day at Spanish Village. I suppose most people were home getting ready for the holiday. We did have some last minute shoppers, some who actually looked pretty frantic, a few men.

I spent time working on a necklace and the copper basket I'm currently working on. I didn't feel very motivated to make either jewelry or baskets. I was feeling kind of worn out from all the recent activity. I have actually sold quite a bit of my jewelry. I will be forced to get very busy soon and make more. This week, however, I'm going to be working on more Spanish Village paperwork. My term as Recording Secretary comes to an end soon, and I have agreed to run for another term. However, there is another candidate and so there is someone besides me to do the job. I might consider stepping aside. I'll have to think about it.

One of the glassblowing students wants to learn etching so that she can make copper pieces for family and friends. So she took two pieces of copper home with her yesterday and brought one back with some writing and drawing on it. We etched, cleaned it up and made it into a very nice keychain medallion. She was very happy with it and so was I. Maybe I will begin a career as a teacher, to teach a few people on the side. But that's a consideration for another year. Tonight I'm off to bed to wait for Santa Claus.

No comments: