Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Cold Time Of Year






Here are two photos, front and back, of the assemblage I'm working on. It measures about 4 inches high and looks fairly convincing, I think. I've been working on it off and on for awhile now. I keep it on my worktable along with some loose pieces of hardware and I keep trying the different pieces together until I find ones that fit. Jon tells me that the round circuit board is part of a hard drive. He wasn't sure about most of the rest of the parts. There's one part that Philip identified as a relay. I think that's what he said, but I'm not sure.

It was a slow day in Spanish Village today, and I spent a great deal of time working on paperwork for the Village. I'm writing a letter to outline a series of events that occured recently. It's the kind of thing that I need to work on and then put down for awhile, then go back and read it again from a relatively fresh prospective. That makes it time consuming to write, unlike writing here in my blogs where I just write what comes out of the end of my fingers, more or less. I almost never do any editing here. In fact, sometimes I don't even re-read what I've written. I know that's probably not good, but that's what I've been doing.

I admit that right now my mind is turning a different direction, toward celebrations of the holidays. And my mind has also been on the weather. It's very cold for us. And in fact, I was looking at the temperatures in New York and they were only an average of 5 degrees cooler than here. My studio is very cold. I've been cold all day, even though I've had on more than my regular layers of clothes. Now I'm going to turn off the computer and go to bed where it's warm.

No comments: