Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Trial and Error



Here's another little plant doing duty as a Christmas tree, decorated with lights. It's a succulent about 20 inches high, maybe less. It seems that these days any plant here in the Village is a candidate for lights. And the succulents for the most part have strong stems with which to support the lights.

I went to printmaking class today. I've been doing a series of photo etchings on polymer plates. However, the professor has some zinc plates that have a photo sensitive film on them. He wasn't sure how to use them, but we did some experimenting. I'll have to figure out what to do next. He has misplaced the directions. But I told him I will try to look for some information on the internet. I'm trying to become more and more dependent on it, using it instead of buying books. I love books, but they're expensive sometimes and after awhile they take up too much room. Certainly I have no more room for them on my worktable. In fact, I was just looking at them today and thinking I should put them elsewhere. I don't refer to most of them very often or at all.

Well, it's been a long, rather frustrating day so I'm off to make it an early night. I would like to have printed an edition of etchings today, but I've printed a total of 12, so I'm in pretty good shape for the semester.

No comments: