Saturday, October 13, 2007

It's Raining, It's Pouring


So once again, I tried to add an image and couldn't. So I went to the Help section of Blogger and there was a suggestion that I turn off my pop-up blocker. I did that and now here is the image I wanted. It's a wonderful, strange looking bloom on the little cactus plant right behind it. The bloom is larger than the stalks of the plant. It looked fuzzy, but I was hesitant to touch it, because I thought it might have spines on it. I took this photo several days ago. I'm sure it's gone now. I've never seen another bloom like it in the Village.

Today it rained in the morning, quite hard. The weather service has been predicting rain every Friday for I don't know how many weeks now. Several weeks ago, we had a few drops and that was it, but last night and this morning we had quite a bit, for us, that is. We get very little rain in San Diego, so really, it wasn't probably more than half an inch, but we desperately need it. We're having a terrible drought.

Because it was raining, I wound up spending the whole day in my studio. I suppose I could have come out in the early afternoon and remained outside, but I spent time trying to straighten up my stuff. I don't know that it looks much better, but I did try to stack all my plastic boxes of beads, enamels, and ceramics at one end of my display table so that there's a little bit of room for a display at one end.

Even though lots of people say an artist's studio should be messy and a jumble of stuff, I still feel embarrassed by mine at times. I'm certainly not the neatest person in the world, but I do like to have everything more or less organized. At this point, I think I can say I know where almost everything is in my studio. I'm not sure I could have said that this morning.

Tomorrow, I'll go on with my projects. I've been working on a black beaded bag. I'm probably more than half way finished with the body of the bag. I'll have to decide what kind of strap I want to put on it and how the fringe will look. And then I want to embellish it. I was going to use it as a Dia de los Murtos piece, but I may reconsider. The matte black beads I'm using would look really nice with some sparkly colored ones embroidered on it. That was my original intent.

No comments: