Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Deciding Not To Start A New Medium





Here's a photo I took several days ago. It shows the golden rain tree outside my studio. You can see there are some yellow blossoms, but I don't think there are very many. It's been a very dry year and so there may not be many. And some of the ones that have appeared have already changed into the orange seed pods.

We had some cold weather last weekend, but now it seems to be back to the normal fall weather. When it seemed we were going to have a strong storm, I put both my umbrellas away, but we never got much rain. I thought since the sun is dropping in the sky to the south that I could get away with leaving my umbrellas inside until spring, but I'm not sure now. I've spent several afternoons feeling extremely warm.

In the last week or so, I've been spending time working on modifying my scanned etching plates and drawings with PaintShop Pro. I'm getting better at working with the program. I use to use it about 10 years ago and it's nice I can still remember. I need to refresh my memory when it comes to layers, though. I was just learning about that before.

I've mostly finished my amulet purse, except for the fringe and the closure. I'll have to work on it some more. I'm a little bit unsure about the fringe. I don't want it to be too overpowering which seems to be a common failing with many of the examples I've looked at. And the other problem is that the bottom row of beads is not quite straight, so the fringe may be hard to apply just right. I may have to kind of "eyeball" the whole thing.

Today was my day off, but I spent time working with PaintShop Pro and then later investigating polymer clay. It's a medium I've been curious about for quite awhile. But it would be a whole new skill, of course, and I'm not sure I want to go in that direction right now. Later, maybe, but not now. I'm still engrossed in the beadwork.

No comments: