Thursday, September 27, 2007

Fourth Thursday - Art At Night


Here's a photo I took this evening during Fourth Thursday. The studios stay open until about 8:00 p.m. or thereabouts. Philip and I were there and shared a bottle of wine. He had lemon pound cake, too, but I told him not to give me any food. I said I was yearning for a filet mignon and some potato chips. But neither of those were forthcoming, and anyway they're not on my diet.
Today was my day off, but I spent time this morning working on the scanned images that I created yesterday. I took all my etching plates that have ground on them and scanned them into my computer. It was very easy and went quite quickly. I'll try doing some more scanning, maybe tomorrow. I thought I might scan in my drawings. I've got dozens of sketchbooks with drawings in them. And I have a group that I used colored felt tip pens on. Those could be scanned, too. I like the idea of scanning in my drawings and using them on my blog or website, so that they don't remain unseen in my bookcase.
I'm still working on the amulet purse I started on September 15. The purse itself is now mostly done unless I want to add to the front flap. The strap is almost done. I believe I can get it done by tomorrow unless I have a large number of distractions. Then I want to add fringe. I've been looking at examples of amulet purses. Many of them seem to have fringe that's rather overpowering. I'd like to avoid that. It may not be possible if there are so many created in the same fashion. I just have to try and see.
After I finish this purse, I'd like to start another one. I know that if I do, I'll want to work on it until it's finished. That's what I've been doing with the current one. But then I think about some of the other items I should be working on, like necklaces to display my enamel pendants and the ceramic ones. Also, I'd like to make some pearl necklaces and maybe bracelets. Everyone seems to love pearls. And my delicate necklaces and bracelets made with gold-filled wire are almost gone as well. There's a great deal I could do to increase my inventory for the fall and winter seasons.
Besides making amulet purses, I'd like to make one or several bracelets or necklaces that have cabochons set in them with beads. I have a number of stone cabochons that Jon made and now I also have one that is made from a piece of glass he blew that cracked or broke. He cuts up his broken pieces and turns them into wonderful cabochons and even some faceted shaped "gems." What I really would like to find are some very large faceted glass "gems" to incorporate into a beaded bracelet, but I don't know where to find them. I'll have to hunt around some more.

No comments: