Thursday, September 13, 2007

Still Learning



Here's a photo I took several days ago. It was made from some of the same pearls that compose the beaded bead that I mentioned several days ago. They're green stick pearls. I like them. Lots of people seem to.

I'm feeling a little frustrated because I spent time last night writing in my blog and then the wireless network went down, I guess, and I lost my post. I'm sure I should probably compose it in my word processor first so that I don't lose it. But I should back up my hard drive, too, and I don't. And having lost my hard drive several times, I know better. I even have a very large external hard drive that I could use. It would be easy. The computer is so nice when it works, and when it doesn't it's such a drag. I admit I don't have much patience for broken or malfunctioning equipment.

Yesterday at work some of the artists were laughing and teasing me. I had my laptop, my cellphone, my bluetooth charger, my MP3 player, and my printer all spread out on my worktable in a big jumble that included strings and tubes of beads all mixed in with wire and scissors and who knows what else. I couldn't get my bluetooth to work, I couldn't pull up a photo I had taken with my cellphone. The bluetooth problem was operator error. I haven't used it enough to really know what to do all the time. But the cellphone isn't working very well. I admit I've dropped it several times and that doesn't help. I need to take it and get it replaced. I just haven't made the time recently.

I spent some of my time today searching for beads. I still feel as though I don't have enough different colors of seed beads. I guess I'll always feel that way. I fall in love with the way they look, and I buy them. The seed beads especially are so seductive that way. They're such beautiful colors. But I'm still having a problem with some colors like fushia and lavendar.

I've been working on the bracelet that I started Sunday afternoon. The pattern is almost complete, but it's getting too long. It's nice though, and I've considered making it into a purse by adding more rows on the side, or . . . . I don't know. The thing is that I enjoy it so much that it doesn't seem to matter. I'll just make another one. Or I should say, I'll just keep making more until I get some that are satisfactory. I thought of an idea for a clasp for the other bracelet that I think would work. I'll try that tomorrow. I really like it. It's one of those pieces that I tell myself I'm going to keep. Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am in Poway sitting my sister's house for another 8 days. I am wondering where is the best place to go to get some beads. I am just starting out in beading and wire wrapping. I have made 3 wire wrap bracelets. I love your beading. Very beautiful. Also, is there anywhere here I could go to begin to learn repousse jewelry metal work? Carry on...have a great day!