Friday, September 14, 2007

What Happened To My Time



Here's a photo I took several weeks ago. I'm glad I did, because this necklace was sold last weekend. I remember that when I made it, I followed a pattern I had developed and used to make another necklace, I had used larger beads. So when I made this necklace, it came out a little shorter and wouldn't have fit just anyone. In fact I considered it a little too tight to wear myself. But I let one of my friends wear it to a party. The woman who bought it said she had a skinny neck. I told her I thought she'd make a good model. She had a nice long neck, very elegant and pretty.

Today, I spent some time working on a beaded bead, something I've been trying on and off for awhile. Recently I had the idea of using very thin wire instead of thread so that they would retain their shapes better than the ones made with thread. So I did manage to make a bead, but I realized that I can't use the size 11 seed beads. The holes in them are not large enough to pass the wire through more than two times at the most. Fortunately, I just purchased some larger seed beads yesterday that I was able to use. They are size 6 and 8. The higher then number, the smaller the bead in this case.

I took a photo of the bead, but unfortunately the memory card in my phone isn't functioning properly,so I couldn't upload it to my computer to use here. That might be a good thing though because it will force me to start using the camera that Philip loaned me quite some time ago. Then I'll have better photos to use on my website as well as here and for other promotional material.

Yesterday, I bought a portable laminator. Well, maybe it was day before yesterday. I would like to laminate some of my drawings, stamps, maybe etchings, and use them to make jewelry. It would be more of a fun jewelry or it could be serious jewelry that has a message to it. I've been wanting to incorporate text into my work, but I haven't been able to find a very satisfactory way to do so. This might be a good one.

The other idea that I had was to apply paint to some of my handcarved stamps and then stamp them on copper and etch the copper. Then I've thought that I could back copper pieces with beads so the green oxidation doesn't rub off on your skin. Gosh, there's so much to try, so much to do. When will I find time?

No comments: