Saturday, June 30, 2007

Don't Let the Day End


Here's a photo of what I spent the day doing. There are two more that I've already delivered to the other studio where Beverly, one of the artists, will fire them.

Today was one of those days when I just didn't want to stop working. I worked from 9:00 this morning until asbout 7:00 this evening. And really, I had to force myself to quit. Jon went by and mentioned to me that I was sitting in the only spot of sun shining in the whole patio. Everything else was in shadow. No wonder I like working late. And late afternoon is wonderful light for detail work or so I've found.


Last week, or maybe the one before, I made myself so business card. Unfortunately, there's a large cockroach living in my card holder that is eating the ink off my cards. I remember talking to an exterminator at one time who told me that they will eat ink and glue in the rug. So even if you're very clean and don't leave food around, you may still have them. Of course, we're in these old public buildings near the Zoo. So now I need to devise a way to protect my cards. I can wrap them up every night and unwrap them in the morning. Somehow, I didn't envision those kinds of chores when I decided to have an art studio.


Jon says the plants in front of the studio have bugs in them, so I need to solve that problem as well. He says he may change the plants and put something different there, but I like the ones I have. I hope he doesn't. I have to do some research to convince him that they're okay where they are. Again, not necessarily a job for an artist. Well, at least I have the internet, thanks to Philip.


Yesterday, after work, I went to find a few more beads. However, I was so busy with my clay carving that I didn't even do anything with the beads. I need to work on the clay cutouts before they dry out. And then it will be time to start making copper shapes for enameling again. An artist's work is never done. Thank goodness. Otherwise, it might get boring.

No comments: