Saturday, March 25, 2006

The City Speaks

The President of Spanish Village told me this morning that the electrician is scheduled to come work in my studio on Tuesday and then the carpenters will be there the following day. We'll see if that really happens.

In the meantime, yesterday I made up my mind to reclaim my studio and start to work in there again. I have one more week of helping out in the other studio. Then I'll be ready to work in my own studio five days per week. So anyway, last night I got some help moving my furniture back into position. I haven't done anything else, but I was able to work in my studio today. It felt so nice to be there, so comfortable. I created a necklace and then a talisman for a friend, one I had promised.

My studio contains a large number of strands of semi-precious stones that I will eventually make into jewelry. I subscribe to the theory that stones have energies that they release, and I believe we can benefit from those energies. One of the reasons I feel so comfortable in my studio is because I'm surrounded by all those stones.

Last night when we took the furniture out of my work corner and I uncovered the strands of stones, I just had to sit for awhile and look at all of them. I was so taken with them all. They look beautiful. They also give me ideas for jewelry, so much so that I feel I need to work around the clock, seven days a week to accomplish everything I'd like. And I continually have ideas for new pieces, new combinations of stones, and new color combinations. Then of course I start to think about using my metalsmithing skills to make a variety of other pieces. There's so much I want to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»