Tuesday, March 28, 2006

So Now Are We All In Agreement?

The City electrician will be in my studio tomorrow to work on the wiring for the track lights in the ceiling. Then the carpenter will come back Thursday or next week to put in a drywall ceiling. Apparently he is finishing up another job, but he'll be back soon. He doesn't work on Fridays, so he may not get there until Monday. The supervisor who came out to see the studio again today with his boss said they would paint the studio for me. Having majored in interior design, I was hesitant. I explained that I wanted to get the track lights installed and then pick the paint color based on the lighting. He said that was fine, that they could paint any color I want when I'm ready for them to do so. How nice that is. I probably will take him up on it.

I worked in my studio today for several hours, went to do some errands, and came back to work some more. I'm worked on a necklace of flat breciated jasper hearts. I want to make some knotted necklaces that hang down to waist level. I think the knotting should help the beads hang very nicely. I also got out several other necklaces to finish working on. I'll make new pieces, but I want to finish pieces I've started. That's my goal: to finish what I start, unless I run out of materials.

This weekend, I'll finish up my first special project, the bracelet with lettering and watch parts on it. Then my next project will be made with some teardrop rings that were specially cut for me to use. I'm not sure how I'm going to use them just yet, but I have several ideas. They will require that I do some sanding to smooth them off. Then I'll probably combine them with silver and crystals. I'm not sure yet. That's for next week. Right now my unconscious mind will work on the problem.

Last week I ordered several items from two different websites, materials for jewelry. They were to be sent by UPS and I requested that they be delivered to my studio at Spanish Village. Apparently the UPS delivery guy knows to take the packages to the Village office if nobody is in the studio. So late this morning, the Village liaison brought me my first UPS package. That's much more convenient than getting it at home where it stands the chance of being eaten by the dogs. Now that I have my first package, I really feel like I'm in business.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»