Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Still Waiting For the City

As I understand it, the next step in this long studio process is for the electrician to come in and put some better/different wiring up on the ceiling so that I can have track lights. After that, the carpenters will put the ceiling back in. I guess that's the best solution for now, given the fire code, etc. Not having the drop ceiling is a violation of the fire code. Of course one person pointed out to me that nothing else is up to code anyway, so it seems silly to worry about the ceiling as well. But I'll go along with it. I just want it to be finished.

I spent the day making a necklace of pearls. I added some silver charms. I want to put more beads on it and probably make it longer. But I got a good start on it.

I formed the idea of creating a new project each week that uses a technique other than the wire wrtapping one that I use now. I am all set to begin with a charm bracelet using clock and watch parts. However, at this point I'll have to wait until I can get to my tools. The only other option is to tear apart my studio and I might wind up doing that if I lose my patience. I have enough beads and findings to make a number of pieces of jewelry, but I really want to get into making something else. If I don't go to the studio this weekend, I can work on the website and also my business cards and packaging. I'm looking forward to creating some cute fold up boxes that I can print on my printer and then cut up and fold to hold jewelry. And I suppose I need to create a logo. There's so much work to creating the marketing materials. But I enjoy doing it. Maybe I'll use one of my drawings or etchings as a background.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested