Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Bumps In the Road




So here I am again trying to begin the week by writing on Monday evening only to find that it is now Tuesday morning. Oh, well, there are bumps in the road. I've been trying all day to get on the Sprint website to download photos I took with my cellphone and I can't seem to get there. When my laptop crashed recently, I lost some of my files including one in which I had downloaded some photos to use for my blog. No matter how long we pursue computer technology there will always be bumps. So I hunted around on my hard drive and came up with this drawing that I photographed with my phone and saved awhile back.

On Saturday night our family went out to celebrate my father's 88 birthday at a Chinese restaurant. And of course at the end of the meal there were fortune cookies. My mother, who was sitting next to me, asked me to read her fortune. "There are a lot of bumps on the way to easy street," I read. Even though my father was engaged in a separate conversation on the other side of the table, he immediately looked up and said "there are a lot of bumps everywhere."

It was nice to hear him express that comment. I've been feeling my share of bumps lately, including having a flu bug that's kept me in bed for over two weeks, but I've also had several people assure me that there are bumps, that life is not perfect and we just do the best we can. I always like it when I get feedback like that because it makes me feel I'm normal, not some kind of mental case, something I have a tendency to worry about a great deal. Well, I suppose some times more than others and probably not as much as I use to in my younger days.

Anyway, my flu seems to be mostly gone except for a residual cough, and I'm back on track. I will go back to writing here everyday. It's good discipline and helps me keep my mind on my goals. And I find I have lots to say.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»