Sunday, March 26, 2006

Getting Ready For Spring








Here's a picture of the exposed ceiling. I think the open beams are attractive, but apparently because they are open and not separated from the areas adjacent to the studio, fire could easily spread from my studio to others around it if a fire started in my studio. If the ceiling is replaced, then an envelope will be created that will contain the fire for an hour, by which time the fire department could respond. Anyway, that's the theory as I understand it. So hopefully they'll come replace the ceiling this week. And the electrician will be able to finish as well.

We've started to have some warmer weather now that spring has arrived. I got myself an umbrella and a stand to use with my table outside. I move the table away from the building so I can sit behind it. Now I need to find a chair to sit on, one that swivels so that I can get out easily. I want one that is high like a bar stool or drafting table chair. That way, I'm at eye level with people who come by to talk to me. Also, the surface of the table will be higher so that people can see what I'm doing without having to bend over. I find that level works very well. Then I can begin to think about doing some metalsmithing.

I spent the day working on my first weekly project. It's a bracelet with clock/wathch parts as charms. I created the bracelet out of 18 gauge sterling wire. It took me about four hours. Then I began to add charms. I'm still going to spend more time this week working on it. But I should be able to get it finished and work on some other pieces as well. That's my goal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»