Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Cactus and Succulents In Bloom








Here's a succulent that grows out in front of the mailroom at Spanish Village. You can see the blossoms, sort of a pinkish coral color. All the succulents around the Village are blooming right now. It's nice to see them. There's a cactus and succulent society that frequently has sales in the building down the way from us. As a result, over the years, the artists have collected a number of interesting specimens. They grow around many of the studio doors. Tourists from out of town are always fascinated by them and frequently take photos of them.

I spent the day making a necklace, bracelet, and earrings for the daughter of a friend who is graduating from high school this week. I'm invited to her graduation party. What I need to do is make up some of my business cards and take them with me to the party, to give out to people. Who knows: it could lead to some orders.

Today I received my first commission, one that was a referral from another artist. It's to make a pair of earrings to more or less duplicate one that was lost. I like the challenge of doing so. I feel convinced I can come very close to the original. It will be a fun project.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»