Monday, June 05, 2006

No Such Thing As a June Without Gloom








I'm trying different things to attract attention back in my corner. Of course, the obvious would be a sign of some sort, but until I actually put one up, I thought putting a plant where people can see it in the open door and now a lamp that is turned on can attract your eye. You can see it here. And there were some people who came in yesterday when I was in my studio, even after the normal 4:00 p.m. closing. So I think the lamp helps. On the right side of the door, you can see the top of an old table of mine that I thought I might use as a work table, but now I've decided it's extra. I need to move it so that it doesn't look like it's stored there, which of course at this point it is.

After I said we might have no June gloom, it appeared. That's so typical. I've lived in San Diego for 56 years. You'd think I'd know by now that we have June gloom. We've always had at least some, and we had some yesterday and today. But typical of the gloom, it burns off, hopefully by around noon time. There have been a few years when it's been around all summer. I hope we don't have that this time.

I spent yesterday working on paper arts. One of my current juried media is printmaking. Several years ago I created a number of small relief cuts, made of some material that is softer than linoeleum and consequently easier to print. I used some of those on my paper projects, and it occurs to me that I could print them on paper and frame them like other prints I've created over the years. I would like to present some that are new and fresh. It's been three or four years since I did etchings. I don't want to give up doing them, but they require a large setup of equipment and chemicals. I'm not willing to put the money and energy into that right now. Maybe later. In the meantime, relief prints are fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»