Thursday, June 01, 2006

Is Summer Really Here?









Here is some of my jewelry on the display table that one of the artists built for me. I just thought as I looked at this photo that my walls look bare. Actually, my walls are bare right now. I've been hesitant to put any holes in them, but several people have suggested I use screws to hang my pieces. So I think that's what I'll do. And there are still quite a few etchings at home that I'd like to take over to the studio. And I suppose I should take my print rack as well, although it takes up more room. I'm already planning to add a table tomorrow or the next day, one that I bought in September. The place where I bought it keeps asking me when I'm going to come get it. Anyway, once I get it and arrange everything the way I want it, I'll have a better idea of where everything should be hung. I'm trying to leave a large portion of the longest wall completely blank so that I can hang lots of etchings there, even down to a relatively low level. And then I need to fix my portfolio of etchings so that people can look through them. There are a great many of them that are not framed. I'm actually amazed at how many there are.

One of these days, when my life is back in order, I'll go back to etching and other forms of printmaking. I'd really like to do so. It just doesn't fit into my schedule right now. In fact, really any class would be a problem. That's funny though because I've just been thinking about taking a en plein air class that meets at the San Diego Zoo on Monday mornings from the middle of June until the end of August. That wouldn't be too bad. That class would involve drawing and/or painting outside, something I enjoy doing. But, really my schedule is too full now I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»