Monday, June 12, 2006

Stop and Smell the Flowers












Here's a view across the main patio. I took this photo last week. You can see the jacaranda tree over there in bloom, with it's lovely lavendar flowers. They're blooming all around the Park and in other parts of the county as well. I noticed them on Laurel Street near the main entrance to the Park and also in Poway when I went up there with my parents this morning. Here in California, or at least San Diego, we think of jacaranda as having lavendar flowers, but apparently there are some which have yellow blossoms as well. I'm not sure where that is, but people mention it now and then.

Today was a day off for me and I spent it doing errands and chores around my house. Now that I'm required to be in my studio five days a week, I have to spend the rest of my time more efficiently. I'm working in that direction. Last night I went grocery shopping, did two loads of laundry, answered email and wrote in my blog all in the space of a couple of hours. I felt very accomplished once I was finished.

I'm starting to make lists and set goals. Actually, that's one of my next serious projects is to really start setting goals. And I was thinking about writing a business plan as well, or at least beginning to rough one out for myself so I begin to know where I'm going with all of this. I do feel my life is coming together and now I want to make sure it moves ahead in a worthwhile manner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»