Thursday, June 15, 2006

Spring Everywhere










Everything is blooming, including the spathaphylum in my studio. You can see the one bloom in front. There are two more hidden under the leaves. I'll photograph them when they open. I haven't given the plant any fertilizer, but it seems to be happy enough to bloom anyway. This is the usual time of year for them to bloom. They will bloom year round if you give them fertilizer once a month. I need to get some. Some many things to think about. But I guess, if I just keep plugging away at everything, eventually I'll get caught up, or at least mor organized than I am now.

I spent today working on making some earrings. I think everyone likes to buy earrings. I hope they like mine. I worked for about three hours and made five pairs. But it took me awhile to get organized. I really haven't made very many pairs of earrings, so I'll have to develop a mine set for them. But anyway, I've got a start. And I got a display stand to put them on. They'll be easy to hang up and then I can take the stand outside, too, and put it on my worktable when I'm out there on the weekends.

After working one earrings, I stopped and made a necklace. I wanted something new to wear when I entertain tomorrow. I like to keep wearing something new. And after I wear it, I can put in on display. Usually people like what I've made for myself.

I'm getting traffic into my studio and compliments for my work, so I'm sure I'll begin to build up a clientele. I have one commission, and I had a request yesterday from a man who wanted me to make a silver chain for his wife. That was easy. But it did show me that I need to makes sure I keep various "findings" around in case I do have request. I need various sizes of clasps and chain in silver, gold-filled, and maybe some copper. I'm in pretty good shape, except somehow I've wound up with all 22 gauge wire, rather than 24 and 26 which is what I usually use. But I'll get some more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»