Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Serious June Gloom







You can see how gloomy it was today, dark and moist. I finally turned my ceiling fan down a little, not that I was cold or even particularly cool, but I thought I could reduce it.

I spent the day working on paper art projects. I've got four of the five finished and the fifth will be finished tomorrow. On my three-dimensional mix media, I have three of the five done and the fourth is well on it's way to being completed. Actually, I worked on it some this afternoon. So I think if I work on Friday, and one evening, I should be in good shape for Saturday morning. Then I can relax and go back to some of the pieces I was working on previously. And I can go on with fixing my studio. I've almost gotten up enough courage to put nails, or at least screws, in the walls so I can hang the etchings.

A friend came by the studio, a woman I use to work with a number of years ago. She's a member of the Village, and has just accepted the chairmanship of one of the major committees. I think she'll do a good job. She very well organized. But anyway, she asked me about my etchings, saying she hoped I'd put them up soon, that she liked them. I like them, too.

I had an idea for doing some relief printing using the stamps I've created. If I print on rag paper, I could call them monotypes and frame them. They might be a nice addition and maybe have some color to them. Anyway, I'll try.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»