Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Is This A Heatwave?









This is a close-up of the garden in front of my studio. I discovered this bud there this morning. It's a bromeliad, attached to the leaves on the lower right side of the photo. I always like to see a bud. It's a promise of new life. It's appropriate for this point in my artistic life. I'm starting some new ventures, the studio, some new media, some new styles of jewelry. Really it all goes together though. One art form isn't much different from another in that the rules of composition and color combining and theme still exist to be followed or broken. And each artist has the responsibility for following his/her creative abilities down whatever path they lead. It's a never-ending journey of exploration. The trick is to step aside and let your inner self lead where it will, not get in your own way.

I happen to run into one of the artists from Spanish Village outside the grocery store this evening. We see each other crossing the patio, and sometimes we wave, but we hadn't stopped to talk for awhile. I mentioned that I'm creating some hanging pieces, and she says she's been moving in that direction, that several of the artists are. I believe that reflects the cosmic consciousness. We're all wired into it. Well, no, it's probably a wireless connection. But we're all attached together by some force greater than ourselves. It's the cosmic consciousness that causes artists or scientists in different parts of the world to create or discover the same things. In that respect, we're all products of our times. Things that hang seem to be making sense to people now. I've always liked them, but I've never made more than a couple of mobiles and never a wind chime. Now I'm moving in that direction.

The weather was hot today, in the high 70's I think. I stayed inside my studio. I like working outside though and maybe I can do that tomorrow. It depends on what I'm doing. If I'm just relaxing and making jewelry, I can bring everything outside, but if I'm creating something so that I need to constantly go through my stock pile of stuff, it makes it hard to work outside. I'll have to see what my mood is. Also, when I'm working inside, it does help me to work on straightening things up. I feel like I'm always spending a certain amount of time organizing things. I have to or I'll really have a rat's nest. I'm trying to force myself not to let that happen.

No comments: