Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Getting Organized

This morning on my way home from the gym, I stopped and got six large translucent containers to use for storage in my studio. I plan to put them under the display table that runs along one wall. They will be covered by pieces of fabric. So when I got to the studio, I began the process of sorting my stuff into categories. One of the other artists enjoys looking for items that others have discarded and frequently he shares his finds with other artists. I have been the recepient of a number of nice items like computer innards, hunks of color-coded electrical wire, strange shaped pieces of metal and plastic. I collect them for future use in my jewelry. As a result of his generosity, I've collected quite a supply of items, all of which appear to be useable at some later date. So now I'm sorting them into categories. They will go in the boxes and be hidden out of sight under the table. I did want to be able to access them fairly easily, so I chose shallow, translucent boxes. I'm hoping I can glance at the various ones and determine what each one contains.

I spent part of the day sorting items, and part of the day working on jewelry. I like the idea of going back and forth between projects. That helps prevent them from becoming tedious and allows me to sit down and rest now and then. My goal is to have the studio organized and my display set up by Thursday afternoon, in preparation for the weekend. I don't envision that being a problem. The only thing I may not get done is hanging my etching because I'm not sure how I want to do that. My walls look so beautiful I hate to put nails in them. But I wll, unless I can figure out some way to hang them on wires. I'll look into it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»