Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Working Back In My Corner






Here's a portion of my shelf in my studio. I'm determined that the whole studio will look the same way, everything in boxes and drawers and baskets, organized and sorted out. But it takes time to get to that point, and then it will take continued sorting and clearning away things to keep them all in order. I'm making progress, slowly right now.

I spent the weekend working in the Silent Auction booth at our annual Spring Art Festival. And today I spent almost the whole day working on Board Meeting minutes. I had two sets that had been corrected and approved by the Board. I made changes and put them in html format, so they're easier to read. I was able to work at my desk in my studio using my laptop. I enjoyed the day. It's quiet back in that corner and I get very few interruptions. So I made good progress. Then I sent the minutes out from here at home where I still have a cable hook up to the internet. Eventually I'll have that in my studio I hope.

I still have to write up the minutes from the most recent Board Meeting which took place on May 8. Then I can get back to working on my studio and also to cleaning files off my laptop in preparation for reformatting it. Then I hope it will be fully functional again. Despite the fact that it's about eight years old, it runs very quickly, and I enjoy using it. It is a fairly high end Toshiba, and I've certainly gotten my money's worth from it. I chose it because Toshiba screens were known to be the best for graphics purposes which is something I envisioned doing at the time.

Despite the fact that I'm in the furthest corner of the Village, I did have one visitor to my studio this afternoon. Unfortunately I don't have anything set up as a display, so I had nothing to show him. But soon I'll be ready. I think I'll just take a hammer and put up some picture hooks. To heck with the walls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»