Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Still Getting Organized






Here's that green garnet necklace I was working on last week. You can see how it doesn't hang quite right. The stones are pretty though and I think it's worth re-stringing it. I can put some small stones between the large ones to make it lay flat. Of course, I'll need to find the silk I bought, and at this point I have no idea where it is. I'm sure it must be in the studio somewhere.

When I was in business with two young tile layers, I use to say, "we can't be Coca-Cola tomorrow. It's going to take awhile." Now I find I have to remind myself the same thing. Everything seems to be taking so long, but I must be making some progress. Today I continued to sort pieces of computers and other electronic devices into large categories. Anything with a circuit board on it went in one plastic bin. Wires went in a different one.


I've almost cleaned off the top of my display table. I'm determined to organize everything underneath, not just toss it under there and cover it with a cloth. This afternoon I came across a box that included, among other things, jewelry findings. Those would be things such as clasps, pieces of silver and gold-filled chain, earring wires, head pins, all the things used to actually make the jewelry with the exception of the wire and silk. All of those items need to be put in one place where I can find them easily. And I have to think about what I'm going to put them in. Don't worry Coca-Cola; I'm not going to catch up any time soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»