Sunday, May 14, 2006

Up Late

The exhibitors at the Spanish Village Art Center Spring Art Festival are packing away their artwork and the pan pipe musician has probably played his last song. Soon the main patio will be back to normal. I have no idea how well everyone did at the Festival, but I enjoyed it myself. I worked in the Silent Auction booth both days after spending last night and the one before creating all the signs and bid sheets for the auction. I don't mind doing that part, but this is the last time I'll sit in the booth. From now on I need to be in my studio or out in the patio working on my table. After all, I am required to keep my studio open on weekends. The only reason I can get away with not being open is because my studio is so hidden away that nobody notices when it's closed. Its door just looks the entrance to a broom closet, certainly not a studio.

One of the exhibitors makes very nice fused glass pendants. I purchased some to use in my jewelry. Her style is different from any I've seen in the past, and I hope she'll be able to return for the Autumn Art Festival. She also talked about joining the Glass Guild so that she can participate in their annual sale in August I think it is. It's nice to see that we continue to have some of the same exhibitors back each time. I think after awhile people count on the continuity and plan accordingly. I will, especially if the necklaces I make with the fused glass are successful.

So anyway, I'm glad I don't have to spend another night here working on the paperwork. Doing so makes a late dinner and bedtime for me, something I want to avoid for the most part. Fortunately, tomorrow is my day off. I wasn't sure how taking Monday and Friday off would work, but so far it's fine. I like knowing that I have a day off just around every corner. And if I'm organized, it will be fine.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»