Friday, May 12, 2006

Do I Need More Beads Or Silk?

Lots of times when I have free time, such as a day off like today, I tend to think about taking some time to go to the various bead stores in town to get something I need or to see what new things they have. That way, I make sure I have enough materials to work on a project when I'm required to be in one of the studios in Spanish Village. Today, however, looking for beads is not at the top of my list, physical or mental. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to get some packages of silk, since I can't find the ones I bought awhile back, but I have enough projects in my studio that I don't need to start a new one. The early part of today is for me, just to do what I want to do, relax, read a book, write in my journal.

Later today I've promised the President of Spanish Village that I will help him with the paperwork for the Silent Auction we have taking place tomorrow and Sunday in connection with our Spring Art Festival. I have developed kind of a tradition of working on the Saturday paperwork on Friday evening, and then finishing up Sunday on Saturday morning. I like working Friday evening because after 4:00 p.m., most everyone is gone for the day and I'm not so distracted. If I work during the day, there are always lots of people around to talk to and I become most inefficient. It's better later in the day.

So I'm off for the afternoon to do a few things that feel fun, mad, crazy to please my inner self. And if a package of silk beckons too loudly, I might be coaxed into a bead store after all. But not necessarily.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»