Monday, May 29, 2006

Showing Up For Work









Here's a cotainer showing up for work even when it could give up. But it's still hanging in there. It's a good example of just going on and functioning, even when conditions are stretched to the maximum and the prospects of something better are dim or non-existent. There are various containers around the Village that are in similiar condition. But we keep them even though they show their age. There's a pottery container in one of the patios tied together with a rope. I like it. The jade plant growing in it isn't affected. For it, life goes on, and it's nice to know that we haven't just thrown it away. I've heard the artists say that some of those pots belong to the City, so we keep them watered.

I got a call this morning from the Spanish Village President who informed me that I'm supposed to be in my studio on holidays even if it's my day off. I didn't know that. He says it's in the Standing Rules. I was part of the group that re-wrote the Standing Rules, but I honestly don't remember that one. Anyway, I had already driven up the coast a ways, planning to spend time with my family and later with friends. Oops. So I was marked closed on the attendance sheet. Anyway, now I know. It won't happen again.

I certainly could have gone to work today. My studio is so messy from my latest projects that it's going to take me the rest of the week to clean up. That's my main plan for this week: clean up and continue to organize everything. The other thing I'm going to do is hang some etchings this week. I share my longest wall with Gallery 21, the rotating gallery next door, and when I pound in nails, their pictures all get crocked. So when their show is over later in the week, I'm going to take the time to put up some of my own piece, my etchings. I hate putting holes in my walls, but I'm just going to do it anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»