Monday, May 15, 2006

Who Says The Internet Is a Passing Phase?

I'm the Recording Secretary for Spanish Village. As such, I take the minutes at Board of Directors meetings and then send copies out to members. Nowadays, I can send out minutes of meetings and other announcements to members by email. The problem I've been facing is that my poor old computer is in danger of giving out and I've got all those email addresses stored on my computer, likely as not to go down the drain one of these days with the rest of my hard drive.

But today, I solved this problem, one that's been bugging me for quite awhile now. I managed by a fair amount of trial and error to export my address book of all those email addresses to an internet account, so that I can send email from any computer that is connected to the internet. That way, if my computer dies, I won't lose all those names.

And for those of you who are still skeptics, consider this incident. Last week, I was searching for a new pair of shoes. I considered one pair made by Chinese Laundry. I didn't buy them, but I was amused to see their website address on the insole of the shoes. Www.chineselaundry.com. I didn't try the address, but I'll bet it shows all kinds of shoes. And here I thought Chinese Laundry was a restaurant in Napa Valley.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»