Sunday, May 07, 2006

Working For Myself First

I still have Spanish Village Board Meeting minutes to transcribe, but this morning I was determined to do a little something for myself first. Yesterday, after I closed my studio, I went over to one of the local bead stores. I intended only to get some crystals, but I wound up getting four strands of large stones. There are ones of Peruvian opals, green garnets, African honey opals, and rutilatted quartz. This morning I knotted the Peruvian opals and the green garnets into necklaces with copper clasps that I made myself. This gave me the feeling of doing something for myself first, something I wanted to do.

The Peruvian opals turned out just fine, and I intend to wear them myself. I have a particular fondness for pink. I interspersed the stones with some cobalt glass beads, and that makes a nice contrast. The green garnets didn't turn out very well. The stones themselves are lovely, but they were strung haphazardly on the string when I bought them. And I took them straight from the string, a practice I usually follow. However, they need to be rearranged, and they also need a small bead between each large one. They don't lie properly the way they are. They're okay, but they could be so much better I think. So that will be a future project: to restring them. Fortunately the stringing and knotting itself doesn't take long when the beads are so large and there aren't so many of them.

Now I'm going to spend time this afternoon working on minutes. Putting my studio in order has kind of taken a back seat for a few days. But I'm determined to get it done by next weekend. That gives me Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday to accomplish the task.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»