Saturday, May 06, 2006

A Day Without Work

Yesterday was spent helping my parents with various errands. It involved a great deal of driving and then sitting in their mini-van waiting for them. When I left my studio on Thursday, I contemplated taking a project with me. I have a little travel bag, like a small cosmetic case, that I can put my tools, some beads, and wire in. It's the way I have worked on my jewelry for quite awhile, carrying it back and forth from home to either of the studios I've been working in. And it was an option for yesterday, but I decided against it. I decided not to take any work home with me, so to speak.

Given all the waiting I did yesterday, it might have been nice to have something to work on, simply because I find doing so relaxing. And as I've mentioned, I really like making things, having a product to show for my time. But I took a novel with me instead. I did however have my notebook/calendar with me and there's lots of space in it for drawing. So I did spend time drawing. That's also a relaxing pastime for me. However, I still felt rather stressed by the time I returned home, and it occured to me that maybe the jewelry project would have prevented some of that. Everybody who chooses should have a chance to create something. It's so satisfying.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»