Monday, May 22, 2006

Rain? This Time Of Year?






Here's the tree outside my studio. You can see how many leaves it has on it now. The leaves seem so green and fresh looking. And having had some rain last night helped wash them off keep them from getting dusty. I love the trees in front of my studio and the ones behind it that I'm only aware of through my open windows. Spanish Village is located in Balboa Park and so we enjoy some of the same beautiful plants and trees that the rest of the Park does. However, all the pots of plants in the Village belong to the artists and they take the responsibility for tending them.

I went over to the Village early this morning and as I drove up through the main patio, I thought how nice and colorful everything looks. I wanted to get my tools so that I could finish the garnet and pearl necklace that I started yesterday. I had a date with a special friend, and I wanted to wear the necklace. Actually, I like to wear all the jewelry I make, test it out, so to speak. Sometimes I've worn pieces that have subsequently fallen apart for one reason or another. Certainly it's better that it happen when I wearing it than when a customer has it on. I certainly want to avoid that at all costs.

When I got to the Village, I was reminded that it had rained although it was no longer raining. My red chair seat looked wet, having spent the night outside. However, it has no wheels on it, so it will most likely stay outside all the time. Really, it's normally fine this time of year, because we don't usually have rain. But the sun came out this afternoon, and I'm sure it will be dry in no time. When fall comes, I'll get a plastic bag to put over it at night, but for now I think it's okay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»