Thursday, February 02, 2006

Facing the Year Ahead






Here's a view in my studio looking toward the right hand wall. There's another ladder under that green cloth. Someday I'll have a studio with no extra ladders in it. However this one isn't too obtrusive. And you can see more etchings along the wall.

I feel as though most of my emphasis has been rather short-term, and I'd like to think about creating some goals for myself. For example by the end of the year, I plan to have my website up and running. I'll have entered and been juried into at least one more show. I'll have placed my jewelry in three galleries or stores. I will have incoporated chasing and repousse, enamel, etching, and metalsmithing in my jewelry. I will have a full inventory of pieces and a back stock. I will have created at least one piece of art jewelry, the type of thing that would not necessarily be something a person would wear. I could set a monetary goal, too, such as making a minimum of $500 a month on my jewelry that I sell.

I know from my previous experience that writing down goals is a very affective way of reaching them, as long as they are reasonable goals, ones that you can realistically reach. I will continue to work on making out a schedule for myself, so that I have a timeline to follow for the year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»