Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Planning For the Next Step

Once my studio is repaired, the next major task will be to create visibility, to attract people in. I have noticed that since I put a lamp on the table where it's visibile from the door, people are beginning to come in. Also, a friend suggested that I put my hanging lamp on the ceiling right where it can be seen from outside, rather than in the middle of the room where there is nothing to see. I will probably eventually include some halogen track lighting in with the rest, but I must say, I like the lamps. They give the studio an intimate personal feel to it.

We went down to the Village this evening on an errand, and we wound up in my studio with several other artists. One of the suggested that I put up several hooks so that I can change the position of my hanging lamp from one end to another. Another artists suggests that I have a pot bellied stove to keep me warm. The studio does get cold and since the only windows face east and are screen by trees, I don't get much sun. But I don't mind. I sit in there and I start to work on jewelry and I really forget about how cold it is or how hungry I might be. I'm intent on what I'm making. I do however find that I get new ideas, so I always make sure I write those down. I can't possibly make all the jewelry that I have ideas for, but I suppose if I write them down, I might be able to make them later. Or at least the concepts pass through my conscious mind and affect future designs.

In the last two days, I've been working on a necklace of 4 mm round bloodstone beads on gold wire. The bloodstone is typically a dark green and most of the beads are green, but there are some interspersed in the strand that are maroon and some ochre. The combination makes the necklace so interesting. It's an entirely plain necklace except for the fact that the variation in the bead color adds interest. I finished the necklace today and I happened to have a mint green oxford cloth shirt on. The combination was wonderful. My instinct about that strand of beads was very good. I knew they would make a nice necklace and they have. I got compliments for it. I have also received compliments for my pieces in the Small Image Show. It's nice when your peers compliment you, appreciate what you have done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»