Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Two Steps Forward, One Back

So, early yesterday morning, I dismantled my jewelry display. I got one of the other artists to move the cabinet that I store my scraps of metal in. It's too heavy for me to lift. And I took the fabric off the table and folded it up in a corner. Then I sat down to wait for the plasterer to arrive. But he never did. This morning, an out-of-town friend wanted to see my studio, so I put in all back together. Repairmen still have not arrived. However, I plan to leave my display in place until I see them on my doorstep. I'm beginning to get some traffic into my studio, and I want it to look as presentable as possible.

I've spent the last few days creating some knotted necklaces. They're faster to make and don't require the same expense in materials. If I use the gold-filled wire, it costs about $20 just for the wire, never mind the beads. If I use silk, it costs less than $2. The necklace I spent all day yesterday working on broke. Well, that is, the thread broke. So I'll have to redo it. The beads are tiny and time consuming to string, but the combination of carnelian, pearls, and crystals makes a pretty necklace. It's just that I pulled too hard on the thread and it broke.

I went to get some hang tags to put on my jewelry, to put prices on them. I want to make special printed tags, but this will have to do for now. Then people will realize that I'm serious. And I'll work more on my display. It's really not right yet. Also, I want to make some business cards so that people from out of town can check on me periodically. Oh, and I should have gotten a guest book. I didn't even think of doing that, but I'd like to have one. There is a great deal to do. The list goes on and on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»