Thursday, February 09, 2006

Keeping Track Each Day

Recently I bought a calendar, thinking I was going to use it for a journal, but then I bought something else instead. So I'm using the calendar in my studio to record what I do each day, what pieces of jewelry I work on. Yesterday, I finished a necklace that was made of a combination of Ethiopian opals, rutillated quartz, and crystals. It was a necklace that I knotted, and I finished it in one day. Then I began a shorter necklace using the leftover stones and adding some more rutillated quartz. It's almost finished. I also worked on the knotted necklace that I broke. I've restrung all the previous beads and have gone on with more. I'm taking tomorrow off, and I brought the necklace home with me. I said I wouldn't do that, bring work home, but maybe once in awhile.

The City sent some people over today to look at my studio and adjust their schedule for making repairs. Originally I had asked that the drop ceiling be repaired, but we removed the drop ceiling and now it needs to have some more work done on it. The real holdup is the electricity. That has to be done first. Hopefully, the City will agree to that. I'm sure everything will work out eventually. It's just taking a long time.

This weekend, I'll print up some business cards and label my jewelry. I want to make tags on the computer and print them out, but for now I'll just make some handwritten ones. They'll be fine to begin with. If I'm under the weather, I can still do some of that at home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»