Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Working Within a Framework

Last night, I found two strands of beads on my worktable at home. The one strand I recognized, but the other I didn't. I'm not sure where they came from. Nowadays, I leave all my beads strung on strands, just the way I buy them, but originally, I use to take them off the strands and put them in divided boxes. I hate to think how many of those boxes have spilled over the last few years. Far too many.

Anyway, I suddenly found myself in possession of a strand of lovely glass beads with a slight chevron pattern on them. They were not quite matched, but close enough to be convincing. Most recently, I've been making all my jewelry out of semi-precious stones and pearls. I have moved away from the glass. However, these beads with the chevrons on them are worth using in a piece of jewelry. I gathered together various strands that I thought might complement them, but I never settled on a combination I was happy with, so I wound up working on something different.

I've been helping one of the other artists with her studio while she remodels it, but soon I would like to spend all my days in my own studio, soaking in the ambiance, and getting use to the routine of being there day after day. I wish the City would hurry up and get there to help me. But it will be done eventually, and then I'll really be there everyday. Things are progressing. I guess that's all we can ever hope for.

I had a vision today of painting a painting that would cover one whole wall of my studio, a great big canvas. I can imagine people coming in to look at it. But really, I don't want to paint right now. Maybe in the summer, but now I'm happy with the jewelry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»