Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Every Woman CEO Needs a Day or Two Off

Today was a day to work around the house, cleaning out old things. I tend to be a junk collector. I want to make sure I don't bring too much stuff into my studio. I think people will feel more comfortable coming inside if it's not cluttered with too much stuff. My studio is tiny and I've been use to working in it when it's almost empty. I like the open feeling. I like almost empty rooms, but I've never lived in a house that was mostly devoid of furniture.

Night before last, I worked on a home page for my website. I think I may have mentioned that the site is http://www.broomclosetdesigns.com. Tomorrow I will try uploading that page I created which will give my address and phone number. Eventually you will be able to go to my website and see the jewelry I make and also the etchings that I have for sale. Maybe eventually I'll even take some of my paintings to the studio. I will most likely concentrate on the jewelry for now though.

I was watching television this morning and the commentator was talking about Apple's earnings. They were supposed to be announced after closing today. He was of course talking about the IPOD, a device nobody had heard of a few years ago. Now the IPOD has put Apple back on the map so to speak. One of the programs on NPR mentioned this morning about having PODcasts of their program available on their website. Of course, creating a product as popular as the IPOD is every small business owner's dream. Who can say what the next IPOD will be. A necklace that acts as a cellphone. That would be nice. You could just wear it around your neck. Certainly I could design a case on a necklace in which to care your cellphone or even your IPOD. Definitely something to think about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»