Monday, January 30, 2006

One Step at a Time



It's hard to see in this photograph, but there's a lamp there on the table under the window, or actually between the two windows. I got another one to put on the chest beside the door. It may turn out that I don't need any more lights although those little track lights are very nice, especially for jewelry. They make everything look so sparkly.

I find that I'm beginning to have a few customers who come into my studio over the weekend. One of my plans is to get one of the artists in the Village to hang the Dutch door I inherited from another studio so that it opens out. That way, from a distance, you will be able to see there is actually something back there under that arch and that it might be worth investigating.

In addition to the lamp that I bought today, I bought an extension cord and a plug so that we can convert the outside hanging lamp so that it attaches to the extension cord. Then I can hang the lamp around the tree branch and bring the extension cord down so I can plug it inside the studio. I also got a very inexpensive light that clips on to as shelf or whatever, so that I can use it as a spot light, I think. If that works, I could get more of them. They would be cheaper than tracks lights. I'll see whether that makes sense.

I'm at a point where I want my studio to be unconventional, not the stereotypical one that everyone has. A few artists are moving away from the gallery look and I certainly want to. I want the studio to be a reflection of me, of my taste, and to hopefully make sense to the type of customer that I think my jewelry will attract.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»