Sunday, January 22, 2006

Hanging My Etchings





Here's a photo of my studio with one of my etchings hung on an existing nail, and there's another propped up on the chair. I'll probably take some more and hang them tomorrow. However, I can't find as many as I thought I could. I'm not sure whether they were sold or they're still around the house, and I don't see them. Recently when I looked for some of my enamel pieces, I couldn't find those either. Well, I expect everything will turn up eventually. And if not, I've somehow wound up with a great deal of new frames and recently I came across a large portfolio of etchings. So I can frame a bunch of them.

Actually, it's not my intention to emphasize my etchings or paintings at all, but it's very nice to have artwork to hang on my walls. And I was accepted in to Spanish Village as both a printmaker and a painter. So I can display and sell both kinds of pieces. And one thing I do want to do is make some of my etching plates into jewelry. I already cut up one of my plates and used part of it to make a stand for one of the necklaces that was accepted into the Small Image Show.

This evening my friend and I went back to Spanish Village on the way to dinner. I had forgotten my notebook and need to show it to someone in the morning. While we were there, we were invited to come in and take a look at the Small Image Show. They've almost finished hanging it. My two pieces are right near the front door which is nice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»