Friday, January 20, 2006

Short-Range Planning



Here you can see the small desk that I brought from home. It use to be the one my mother used when we were growing up. It's a cute little desk and I'm glad I've found a place for it, because I don't have room at the house. Unfortunately, it's finish is in bad shape. I suppose at some point it could be refinished. However, it's fine for now. I'm guessing that at some point, I'll probably get rid of the small round table although it's very handy to work on, especially because the "pie crust" top, as it's called, has a rim around it and the beads don't fall off.

I still don't know exactly where everything is going to go. I bought a worktable, a Chinese antique, with a glass top. I can't do metalsmithing on the glass. And I'm not sure where to put all my tools so that they're conveniently located, but not too messy. I just have to figure this out gradually. It does seem to be progressing, even though I have setbacks such as spilling beads and findings all over the floor. That kept me busy at least a couple of hours, straightening all that up. And I'm still cleaning up from last weekend, but that part is almost taken care of.

One of my next priorities is to make a necklace for my mother for her birthday. She's 83. Actually, her birthday was yesterday, but we're celebrating it next week when we go to Borrego Springs, to the desert. So I'd like to have something made or well on it's way. And then I need to plan to pack some beads so I can work while I'm in Borrego. We're leaving Tuesday and not returning until Friday. I hope it will be warm over there. So far it's been cold.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»