Tuesday, January 10, 2006

E-World Pre-dates AOL





Here's my work table in front of my studio, still disassembled after it's trip from my house. But by the time I left the Village this evening, the table was assembled. Now I'll need a chair or stool. I think I have one. I'm looking forward to spending some of my time outside. The weather has been so nice, in the 80's, 70's, and high 60's today. Although we typically have nice weather in January, we did have record breaking highs last week.

I was thinking about the fact that if I make a long necklace, one that measures 60 or 70 inches, by knotting it on silk, I may save money on wire, but depending on the beads, I may wind up spending just as much on extra beads. In the meantime, I made two little bracelets that I will eventually combine into a multi-strand one. I made a three strand one several months ago, and it turned out nicely. This new one will be at least five to seven strands and maybe more. Also, I think I will include some strands that have wire wrapping and some that are knotted. I like trying something new.

Like e-world an Apple service that predated AOL. I remember when I first dowloaded it on Max in my computer room upstairs. The little drawing of the "world" of three dimensional buildings was breath taking. I was one of the earliest users. In fact, Apple sent me a tee-shirt that said "e-world Beta Tester". I'm extremely proud of that shirt and still have it. In fact, I came across it when I was cleaning out my clothes. I put it in the drawer with my shirt that says "I climbed the Great Wall." In those days, the world was becoming global, something we take for granted nowadays.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»