Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Coming Back Rather Than Starting Over

When I arrived at Spanish Village early this morning, I was thrilled to see that one of the other artists had put three pots of plants in the little "planter" outside my studio. Having them makes it look as though something's going on in that corner. I took a photo with my phone, but when I tried to upload my photos to the service provider website just now, I got a message that site is down for routine maintenance. Ah, technology. It's so great when it works and such a nuisance when it doesn't. But in a few hours or minutes or whatever, it will come back up on line, and I can begin again to get my photos. Actually, it won't be a new beginning; it will be a come back.

Looking at making a come back is more positive than a new beginning. A beginning suggests that you have to start over from nothing while a come back implies that you've already been successful and now you will be successful again. Look at some of the comebacks. Apple had a tremendous come back with their IPOD. Everyone has one now. Well, I don't but everyone else does. But I did have an Apple Newton which was probably the orginal PDA. It was about as big as a brick and about half as thick. I loved it although I found it cumbersome. And I noticed that it was easier for me to look up a phone number or day of the week in a "paper" organizer. I did however love using it to play Solitaire. Now my cellphone doubles as a PDA for me although I know it doesn't have all the features of a "modern" PDA. But they don't have everything my phone has. Next I think they will make phones that double as IPOD's too. After all, there are phones that double as PDA's, or maybe it's the other way around. My father says he's waiting for the day when he can use his to take a shower. I'd like to get cash from mine. Couldn't there be a little slot for bills to come out?

The plants in front of my studio are making a come back. They were discarded in another part of the Park. East India styles and hippie clothes are coming back. I'm concentrating on making jewelry in those wonderful bright ruby, emerald, and sapphire colors. I'm also finding that I like topaz colored zircon interspersed with pearls. Every stone looks wonderful next to some white pearls. I'm sticking to classic color combinations right now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»