Friday, January 13, 2006

Finding New Materials



Here you can see my studio door close up. And there's my little garden beside it. Of course, I'll need to do more to attract attention to it, but this is a good start. And the glass blower whose platform is directly to the left of the trees is happy to have the plants there as well. She doesn't mind if I fill up the whole planter around the trees with pots. I'd like to.

I spent the day resting, not even working on jewelry here at home. In fact, that's what I want to do: leave my tools in the studio so that I tend to work on other projects at home. Tonight I went out with a friend to do some errands, and he came up with the idea of using spark plugs for jewelry. Early when we had gone over to the Village, he saw necklaces I made out of fuses and capacitors. So after his mind had worked on the idea for several hours, he suggested the spark plugs. We went to Kragen and I bought some inexpensive ones. Besides the jewelry I make to wear, I'd like to make some that might not be worn at all, pieces that could make a statement of some kind.

Tomorrow I need to concentrate on my entry for the Small Image Show. I'd like to get it done tomorrow so that I can submit it on Sunday, the deadline. The show is one that displays more serious works of art, not the strictly commercial pieces that most artists in the Village specialize in. To be selected for the show, most of us have to make something special.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»