Saturday, January 21, 2006

Getting Ready For Next Friday










Here are two of the three ladders currently in my studio, brought in by various people helping me. That cabinet is to the left of the front door as you face out. It will be a nice place to put papers and other items. There are three drawers on the left in which I can probably file some of my etchings. And I'll use the top drawer for things like price tags, receipt books, etc. It will most likely be the last thing a person sees as they leave the studio, so I can put my business cards there.

The Small Image Show reception is next Friday night. It occured to me when I was working today in my studio that I should attempt to be open during the reception. If I am, I need to get all the work done tomorrow and Monday, because we leave for Borrego Springs on Tuesday and don't get back until Friday around noon time most likely. So I've gathered together some of my etchings and some other items I want to put in the studio.

I want my studio to have the look of Out of Africa or Passage to India or The English Patient, sort of an old-fashioned warm country feeling. I've been looking around at various baskets and things I have in the house. I've started collecting them to take with me. Some of the items are most likely too valuable to leave in the studio, but there are lots of pieces I can take. It's my very own space, and I want it to be a reflection of me.

So far all my visitors are women being led in by children, usually girls, but today there was one woman with a young boy. They were interested in the fact that I was making a necklace out of tourmaline, because they had been to the tourmaline mind outside of Julian not long ago. They were able to mine for the stone themselves. They found lots of nice samples. I've thought about doing that myself for a long time. I'll put it on my to-do list.


Here's another visitor we get frequently, especially in the spring. They come over from the San Diego Zoo. Sometimes only one male comes over. Last spring there were several young males who brought their girlfriends or sisters with them. Besides the peacocks, we sometimes see owls, hawks, squirrels, opossums, skunks, and even on one occasion a coyote. Two years ago, there was a pair of mallard ducks that came to drink out of the dogs water dish at the same time every evening. Upon occasion, we've fed the peacocks crackers and grapes. Another bird we see frequently is the hummingbird. They love the bright red flowers, some of which are always blooming somewhere around the Village.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»